Hotel Contractor - Full Time / Competitive Salary
The JG Travel Group is a leading provider of group travel offering exciting and diverse value for money tours, ranging from short breaks, classic seaside resort holidays, heritage tours, London theatre breaks/ attractions, and European holidays, including Cruises, through a number of distinct brands. Carrying in excess of 100,000 passengers annually, these brands include; Just Go! Holidays, a UK leader in the provision of group tours and holidays. Omega Breaks, offering London theatre breaks and attractions, our cruise brand, Cruise Connections and Albion Journeys, a high value brand focusing solely on customers travelling from the United States of America, Canada and Australia complete the JG Travel Group portfolio.
Due to increased passenger numbers, we are looking to recruit a Hotel Contractor to be based in our friendly and conveniently located office in Cheltenham. Reporting to the Hotel Contracts & Product Manager, this role will assist in negotiating and contracting hotel space in line with product plans, along with managing stock allocations, creating UK tour itineraries and managing the finer detail of product delivery in the hotel or touring itinerary.
Specific accountabilities include:
- To maintain the various spreadsheets that control requirements and bookings for all hotels used.
- Maintain a good awareness of the Tour Manager system to be able to support the Hotel Contracts & Product Manager in his role.
- To contract group hotel space within timescales advised at the most competitive rates in line with accommodation quality standards and terms of business requirements.
- To ensure hotel contracts are issued, sent and returned from the individual hoteliers worked with.
- To ensure hotel contracts to/from all of the major hotel chains and supplying agents are received, checked, scanned and returned.
- For London hotels manage the multiple duration room allocation split ensuring unsold rooms are released in line with the contract terms.
- Work in co-operation with the event ticket controller to manage ticket to bed stock alignments.
- Working closely with the Administration Operations’ team, check and fine tune every single UK passenger and driver itineraries pre-departure.
- Liaise with Reservations on sales’ progress and extra room requirements and finalise arrivals with regard to meal times and menu requirements.
- Assist the Hotel Contracts & Product Manager with pre-season preparation by collating statistics and sales figures.
- Conduct regular hotel inspections to ensure quality standards and to check compliance with Health, safety, hygiene and fire regulations as part of our Customer Safety Management System.
- Assist the Hotel Contracts & Product Manager with hotel compliance and product risk assessments as part of the ongoing monitoring of our Customer Safety Management System.
- Assist with following up and investigating hotel complaints, to ensure high levels of customer service and low complaint levels are maintained.
- Undertake competitor market comparisons on specific projects, as directed by the Hotel Contracts & Product Manager.
- Deal with general day to day correspondence from agents and hoteliers, and any other related administration.
- Contribute to new product and itinerary ideas.
- Responsible for contracting group hotel space in line with the various product plans.
- Responsibility for administering hotel contracts and relationship building with hoteliers and agents..
- Responsible for correct content of UK passenger and driver itineraries.
- Responsible for maintenance of hotel service standards.
- Responsible for maintenance of Tour Manager, Product Plans and associated spreadsheets.
- Letter writing to customers with regard to operational alterations.
- Maintain good working relationships with all Just Go! departments.
We are looking for someone who has experience of UK and European hotels chains, tourist attractions and geography, with strong negotiation and communication skills (both written and verbal). Highly motivated and a self-starter, the ideal candidate will have strong networking and relationship building skills but must be organised with a concern for accuracy.
We are offering 25 days holiday and a competitive salary.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for someone to be part of shaping the future of Just Go ! Holidays. If you feel you have the relevant experience and attributes for this role, please send your CV and letter of application to Helen Moylan/ HR Director at email@example.com